10 Island Swimrun is a swimrun race that has become a west coast classic. It follows a marked track on the west side of the islands through rugged but beautiful terrain. Rocks, boulders, grass, beaches and open water swims between islands and islets. No matter if you are a seasoned swimrunner or trying it for the first time – 10 Island Swimrun gives you an amazing experience of the Gothenburg north archipelago.
10 Island Swimrun is a challenging race even though it runs a bit shorter distance than many of the existing swimrum races and therefore suits more people. Take the opportunity to challenge yourself or your team on a course that in total is 16,5 km long; 2 km is dedicated to swimming and 14,5 km is dedicated to running, separated into 25 different route sections. All of this in the beautiful archipelago, in the Öckerö municipality, that offers wonderful scenery of the open sea, rocks, cliffs, islets and idyllic bays. If you wonder about how a shorter race can be challenging, make sure to go to the Media tab and look at pictures and videos and study the terrain.
”…A RACE THAT I WILL RECOMMEND TO ALL MY FRIENDS!!”
We are looking forward to seeing you on the starting line and we hope to give You a great experience in the northern archipelago of Gothenburg. When you register, apply for a start group depending on your estimation of your finishing time. The main area for the race is Hönö Klåva and the finishing area is located. The start will take place on Hälsö with starting times that matches the joint finish between 10 Island Race and 10 Island Swimrun. All racers are in the after race raffle for many great prices from our sponsors and we will have a joint price ceremony. The finish area is outside Hotel Trubaruden, where there is drinks, food and After Race Party after the race.
Do you fulfil any of the following critera?
- You are a person who does physical exercise on a regular basis and is considering trying the race form of swimrun
- You have tried swimrun in teams of two and would like to try your own capacity. Please register for our single class!
- You think that many of todays swimruns’ are a bit too long but would very much like to try a shorter distance
- You are a seasoned team that would like to try a new, challenging swimrun with a bit shorter distance to cover
- You really want to do rock running, offtrail and swim in the ocean instead of calm lakes
If the answer to any of these questions yes, then 10 Island Swimrun is perfect for you!
”…THE BEST COMPETITION I’VE EVER PARTICIPATED IN!!”
For more information, please see under the respective tabs for Classes, Rules and Course. Last but not least, please register under Registration!